Community Presentation & Professional Training
Turn About presents the Informed Community Project, funded through the Drug Free Communities Program. We provide interesting, interactive Community Presentations and Professional Training as a free service to community groups, concerned citizens, educators, parents, teens, and professionals who work with adolescents and/or families.
Presentations are designed to:
- Raise awareness of the problem of adolescent substance abuse
- Educate the public about the signs and symptoms of adolescent substance abuse
- Empower all members of the community to take effective action towards the prevention, intervention and treatment of adolescent substance abuse
Here is a sample and brief description of our presentation workshop titles:
- Drugs 101 for Parents: "What Every Parent Should Know About Adolescent Substance Abuse" Includes life like examples of the latest and most popular trends in teenage substance use, signs and symptoms, powerful and practical parenting strategies, and treatment resources
- Drugs 101 for Educators: "What Every Teacher Should Know About Adolescent Substance Abuse" Information on current trends, signs and symptoms, and responding to the problem
- Drugs 101 for Teens: "You Think You Know, But You Have No Idea" A serious look at the potential consequences of drug use, stages of addiction, and legal and societal costs. True-life stories pack an emotional punch
- Drugs 101 for Professionals: "Clinical Issues and Treatment of Adolescent Substance Abuse" Describes current trends, stages of addiction, clinical issues and treatment strategies, and treatment resources
Master or doctoral level professionals conduct trainings with any size group, at our location or yours. We will tailor the content of our presentations to fit the specific needs of the audience. Educational workshops can be one hour, all day, or anywhere in between.
To schedule a presentation or for more information,
please call Turn About at (850) 671-1920
Turn About, Inc. provides services without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin or handicapping conditions.
Copyright 2017 Turn About, Inc. ©